Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Does anyone know :

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_123360885's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2007
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    i went to the susy tree last night. i think its in stonega?
    its not all that scary but i think i went at the wrong time.

    & when i went to sensabaugh tunnel i couldnt find the tunnel you walk through but it was pretty dark and rainy.
    anyone know where exactly the one is that you walk through because i think its the one thats really supposed to be haunted?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    You go down netherland inn road in KPT and turn left onto some road before the bridge, it will be on your left, the river on your right.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    i also think the only time the sensabaugh tunnel is "haunted" is when it is flooded. apparantly a man appears from a rope at the end of it or something like that.

    i have heard a woman tell about a haunted hospital somewhere in wise that she used to clean or something and she actually saw a little girl bouncing a ball or something like that. i'm not sure but it was a weird story.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    I don't know about it being flooded, but that pic still gives me the creeps, and it wasn't flooded the night that he was there.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    yeah i'm pretty sure that when it is flooded is the right time to go there. i know some people who live in that area, and they are the ones who were telling me about it. and yeah, that pic is creepy.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    The coolest part about the first tunnel is all the graffiti written all over...top to bottm. I've never been to the second one. I wouldn't let the person I was with turn off the car either when were in the tunnel. It is definitely creepy.


    http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page231.html
    Myself and two other members of Southland Research went to one of Upper East Tn's most active haunted locations, Sensabaugh Tunnel on July.14.2003 . We went there for a preliminary daytime inspection of the tunnel, so we could get a good look at the tunnel and layout of the area surrounding it.

    We were able to capture several interesting pictures. Pictured above is an "orange orb with legs" photographed by team member Gary who noticed something unusual on a rock in the creek that runs through the tunnel; it looks like an orb with spider type legs.

    Sensabaugh Tunnel (pictured below) is famed in Upper East Tn. for its paranormal activity. There are a number of different stories that revolve around the tunnel that all involve murder and death of a baby. It's been said that seven spirits inhabit the tunnel and they don't like to be disturbed. In fact, quite a few people have been physically attacked by the entities that inhabit the tunnel.

    You can also hear babies crying at night, and see orange orbs with facial features and the ghost of a young lady who was supposed to have been murdered there with her new born baby.

    The most dangerous entity of all is a ghost of a sinister looking man that was supposed to have killed his entire family and himself in the tunnel. It takes a lot to get my nerves on edge but the minute I stood in front of that tunnel I got some very bad vibes.

    Southland Research is preparing to gear up for our night time investigations, plus we are going to try and find out some more historical background about the tunnel. I feel the stories we have heard up till now are just legends but I am sure something very dramatic has happened there in the past and we would like to find out what that is.

    --Eric N.
    [email protected]
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  7. #17
    Inactive Member dirt34's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    Another website to check out these places and a few others is hauntedsouth.com. They have a TV show on the Charter local access channel, it comes on around 10 or 11 not sure what nights.

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    I thought you'd see the humor in that. grin
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    I've been too both tunnels and it's the little tunnel that is the creepiest. I have on video tape a man saying "We're gonna drown in here." that was captured at the little tunnel. I've also heard voices in the tunnel and thought someone was after me. I also have pics of the bigger tunnel that can flip you out but I personally have never been frightened at that one. There are several stories about each tunnel including devil worshipping, hounds from hades, and the typical ghost stories. Whether they're true or not, that remains another story.
    I've also heard stories about the Rotherwood Mansion in Kport including a hound from hades that roams the grounds. All I know is that it's a beautiful house with a tragic story.
    One story I've heard with the haunted orphanage in Wise is that if the cows are in the field you pass on the right before it, then nothing is happening at the orphanage. But if there aren't any cows in the field, you need to be extra careful. You hear so many different stories regarding the orphanage so I tend to just let it go in one ear and out the other.
    I've also heard that there is a haunted cemetary in Ramsey. Has anybody else heard about this? I'm assuming it's the cemetary next to the highway unless there's another one.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Does anyone know :

    On the subject of hauntings, here are a few ghost stories of Berea College.

    First one is about the dorm next to mine, which is being renovated this year. http://www.sightingseekers.com/modul...nt&sid=582

    Also I heard that the Boone Tavern Hotel, which is adjacent to Union Church on the Berea College campus is haunted. Boney went to Berea, do you know of any hauntings on campus?
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •